Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Notes from the Storm Zone -3


Yesterday, I wrote about how Cablevision was broadcasting numbers to call to report service outages which went unanswered when called. Now, we have the reverse. Yesterday evening, we got our cable service back so we now have phones, internet and TV. This morning, I got a call on my cell phone with a recorded message from Cablevision that explained at some length why our service was not yet back on. According to the company, their central office was without power for a long time and damage there was being repaired. I have to say that I like it better when I have the service and they explain why I don't.

Meanwhile, it just keeps getting colder here. We now have two houseguests who a refugees from the cold and the dark, but there are thousands more who are suffering the same fate. The utilities have something like five times their normal crews out working on the lines, but the pace of recovery is agonizingly slow.

Let's pray for some divine assistance to those in need. In the meantime, let's each do what we can to help those without power.


No comments: