Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Craziness on Display

I was just watching some video of a confrontation between a large Antifa group and a man and a young girl in Portland.  The man was wearing a shirt that said "I hate the left and I hate racism."  I assume that he was part of the demonstration by the Proud Boys.  The girl looked to be about ten and she was walking with him; I assume he is her father.  There were about thirty Antifa people menacing the two.

It was crazy.  There is no reason for confrontations like this to take place in America.  Hate has no place here.  That includes hate from the right and hate from the left.  What troubled me even more was that as the Antifa thugs crowded around the father and daughter, there were no police stepping in.  There were a great many media cameras filming the scene, however.  As things got to the boiling point, more cameramen rushed in to get the scene.  No one said a word for the people to stop.  No one tried to separate the Antifa people from their target.  They just watched and filmed.

Let me be clear.  I don't support the Proud Boys.  In truth, I really don't know what they stand for.  I don't support Antifa either.  I have seen Antifa launch all sorts of attacks against people who are doing them no harm and not threatening them in any way, however.

As Americans we have to denounce violence as political expression.  NOTHING JUSTIFIES VIOLENCE.  NOTHING!

This has to stop.

No comments: