Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Power is Back On

As of this morning, 57% of the homes and businesses in my town are still without power after the hurricane. We got our power back esterday. We are one of the lucky ones. The sad thing is that as bad as it was here in Connecticut, it was really much worse elsewhere.

Even with the power back on, we did not get internet service, television or phones (other than cell phones). It is the true triple play: three outs. It was strange being in the week before the presidential election and not being able to see any news at all about what was happening. I was limited to radio news which was 100% devoted to the storm and recovery from the storm.

But I am getting off point. The main message to take away from this mess right now is that we should be thankful for surviving as well as we did. We also should be doing all we can to get power, and by that I mean heat, water and food back to those without it across the area.

I will be posting again once the services are back at my office/home. Until then, I wish everyone well.

No comments: