Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I guess I am now a victim

Yesterday, I was a victim of someone stealing one of my posts about GasFrac Energy Services (symbol GFS:CA or GFS.V). I originally posted about GasFrac last October 12 with a lengthy discussion of the merits of the company and why I thought it was a good investment. Yesterday, I inadvertently discovered that the Seeking Alpha site, a rather good investment information site, had published an article about GasFrac. I was interested to see what had been said, since there is not that much out there about the company. I opened the article and discovered that it was my post of October 12th published under the name of another author. In multiple pages of text, this guy only changed the current stock price mentioned in my original post; the rest was word for word verbatim.

I was truly surprised to see that someone had stolen my post, but I decided to see what I could do about it. I wrote to the management of the Seeking Alpha site and told them that the article they had published had been taken from my blog; I sent them the link to my original post to prove what I had been saying. It took about an hour, but Seeking Alpha did the responsible thing and took down the offending article. Then they posted a link to my original article of October 12th. They also told me that the offending "author" who had stolen my work was going to be banned from their site.

I was impressed that Seeking Alpha was able to act so fast to right a clear wrong.

The whole event does make me wonder about one thing: As anyone who reads this blog knows, I am a conservative Republican. But, since I am also now a victim, will that make me someone that the left will now like? Maybe the guy who stole my blog post was egged on by Sarah Palin's rhetoric?


No comments: