Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The big Victories for Obama

I spent much of today helping my daughter move into an apartment near the University of Connecticut. When I got home, I came across a plethora of articles in the Main Stream media proclaiming that Obama's big victories in the lame duck session of Congress had restored much of the lustre that was lost by the president during the elections. Huh?

Maybe I missed something, but the president's biggest "victory" consisted of him giving up on his plan to raise the taxes of the wealthy and going along with an extension of the current tax rates for all Americans, something that he had declared immoral during the presidential campaign. That was no victory, it was a capitulation. Another victory that I saw promoted was the withdrawal of the omnibus spending bill proposed by the Senate democrats. Huh? Democrats were unable to get funding in place for their priorities, and this leaves those programs vulnerable to Republicans cutting off funding in March of 2011. Sine when is failure to get ones priorities funded a success? Only in Washington or in the media could an abject failure be spun as a success.

There are more of these great "successes", but I am sure you get the picture.

No comments: