Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow and more Snow!

According to the forecasts, the snow that is now falling here in Connecticut is going to total somewhere between 10 and 16 inches. I can hear the plows periodically rumbling down the main street about half a block from my house. I can also occasionally hear the wind whistle through the trees. Aside from that, however, there is silence. I can hear the clocks tick and the circulating pump on my heating system kick in as needed, but that is it. It is one of the marvels that come with snow. Silence!

I was just thinking how nice it would be if the snow could come to Washington and silence the folks there. Just imagine! We have a snowstorm and presto, no more statements from Nancy Pelosi until the snow melts. We could get a few days off from listening to the pearls of wisdom that gush out of Barney Frank's mouth. Maybe even Obama himself would be quiet.

I truly believe that the whole country could use some time off from listening to these folks. Maybe even though it will not be due to the snow, we could still get a breather from the brouhaha. Ya know, I'm just sayin...

No comments: