Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Maybe this should be "false history month"

This afternoon I saw an article about the celebration of Motown at the white House last night. Normally, I would just skip such an article, but the picture caught my attention; it just did not look right. I enlarged the picture and learned that it was Nick Jonas "channeling his inner Motown sound". Huh? Nick Jonas and a Motown gala is like Glenn Beck at George Soros' birthday party. It's like Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. It's like oil and water. They just do not mix.

I suspect that the Motown celebration was part of black history month. why have a white teenage pop singer there as the symbol of the genre? I know that in the scheme of things in DC, this is not even close to being important. But come on!!! If the white House can't even figure out who should be there to celebrate Motown, how will they ever figure out what to do with Libya or how to bring about economic growth?

No comments: