Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Very High Turnout in Connecticut

I just voted.  I've been voting at the same polling place for over thirty years.  Today, for the first time ever, there were long lines of people waiting to vote.  In the past, in a presidential election, there have been four or five people ahead of me in the line.  This morning, there were more than forty.  I asked the monitor if it had been this crowded all morning, and she told me that it had calmed down; earlier, the line had been longer.

This is one polling place in one town in Connecticut.  The expectation here is that the state will vote for Clinton, the senate race will go to the incumbent senator Blumenthal, our representative in Congress will also be re-elected as will the state senator and the state representative.  In other words, there are no races on the ballot that are expected to be even remotely close.  Nevertheless, we had an amazingly high turn out.

I know I cannot extrapolate from one voting district.  Still, if this turnout is replicated across the state, we may see some major surprises.

1 comment:

fastcarken said...

28,000 Turn out for Trump Rally in Grand Rapids Michigan at 12:45 AM This Morning
That speaks VOLUMES for the Drain The Swamp Movement!!!