Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Feinberg Followup

I got an e-mail from an irate reader this morning who complained about my post regarding the appointment of Kenneth Feinberg as administrator of the BP trust fund for victims of the spill. The reader complained that I had maligned Mr. Feinberg, a fair and decent man.

Let me first say that I said nothing negative about Mr. Feinberg and have no reason to do so. He is reported to have done a fair job handling the 9-11 compensation funds, and I have no reason to doubt that. The point of my post, however, was that Obama had lied in his televised address to the nation. According to Obama he was appointing an independent third party to run the BP compensation fund. Then, the next morning Obama announces that his pay czar, Ken Feinberg will handle the fund. so Obama's independent third party is someone already working for the governement as obama's pay czar. Why claim that the administrator will be and independent third party when you know that he will be an Obama employee who is anything but an independent third party.

No comments: