Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Washington POST/Bloomberg GOP debate

I have to admit it. I did not watch last night's debate on Bloomberg TV in its entirety. I just could not take it. First of all, I was distracted by trying to figure out if Charlie Rose was awake or asleep (or if he is some kind of an zombie). Then, I was waiting for the inevitable "I am a tax attorney and I have 5 biological and 23 foster children" speech. I thought yesterday that I might start a pool on the blog in which people could pick the length of time into the debate before Bachmann let loose with that one. I also was distracted by trying to keep track of anything clever that Rick Perry had to say. That last one is a lot harder than it sounds, since something like that coming from Perry might flash by in a second or two only to be followed by the usual nonsense. Then, of course, there is also the "Paul Watch" to contend with. During a debate, I like to keep a list of things that Ron Paul says that sound insane. In the past it has kept me busy.

I truly wonder how many people actually watched last night's debate. In fact, I wonder how many people get Bloomberg TV and know that they do.

Since so few people probably saw the debate and given all the distractions, I decided that my time would be better spent watching NCIS. It was not one of the better NCIS shows, but I still think I got the better alternative.

No comments: