Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2020

You Know What Really Burns?

 I saw a video this morning of events in Portland last night.  It reminded me of my next door neighbor when I was a teen.  The guy used to say, "You know what really burns my ass?"  He would wait for a response and when none came, he would say "a flame about this high" while he put his hand at mid-chest level.  It wasn't funny years ago.  It isn't funny today.

Still, the video I saw was of an Antifa group in Portland lighting a Molotov cocktail to throw at the police.  The person who lit the flame dropped the bottle, however, and it set the pants of another person on fire.  The video shows that now-burning person trying to stamp out the fire.  The crowd grabs the one on fire and make feeble efforts to douse the flame.  In a moment, the police -- the intended target of the Molotov cocktail -- rush in an put out the flames thereby saving the victim's life.  While that is happening, the Antifa crowd is yelling at the police to get away.

Look, I know that the Antifa group can't be composed of the best and the brightest.  Okay, basically their anti-social fascist morons.  They use classic fascist tactics while claiming they are anti-fascist.  Still, the idea of a group getting angry and vocal about the police saving the life of one of their group seems idiotic even for these morons.

  

No comments: