Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Nuclear Policy

According to the New Yok Times, President Obama is about to change US nuclear strategy by pledging that the USA will not use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear state under any circumstances even if that state uses chemical or biological weapons against the US. When I studied law, I learned the old legal term for this sort of strategy: "crap".

Simply put, Obama is taking away one of the biggest reasons why rogue states do not attack US interests. Are we to believe that removing the threat of a nuclear response is going to make a country like Syria more reasonable? Would the Syrians us chemical weapons against say Washington when they know that there will be no meaningful response? I cannot even believe that I am writing about this nonsense. How naive is Obama? Do any of his advisors realize that we live in a real and very dangerous world and not on some college campus? I do not think so.

I am still counting the days until January 20, 2013.

No comments: