Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Stock of the Month

Today I am starting a new feature on the blog, the stock of the month. The first pick is Caribou Coffee Company (CBOU) which operates coffeehouses mostly in the United States. It sells premium coffees, teas, baked goods, and related products. The selection of this stock is not mine, however. It was the Consensus Partners stock pick for April. I bought it on March 29 and 30th for $6.68 and sold on April 20th at 7.65 At the moment, the stock is trading at 8.04. The interesting thing to me, however, is that Steve Brill of Consensus was still recommending it as a buy as of this morning. His thesis is that there is unusual activity in the stock which has been driving it higher.

I do not know why the stock continues to rise at this point, but I thought it was worth passing this on. Steve Brill has a great track record as a stock picker in my experience; he consistently beats the averages by substantial margins.

Disclosure: I have no current interest in Caribou stock.

No comments: