Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Strange but true

An article entitled "Strange but True" has to begin with MSNBC. Last night I watched a small bit of Special Report on Fox News. Bret Baier reported on the phone hacking scandal in Britain involving the News Of the World and he added that the British tabloid was owned by the same company that owns Fox News. Two hours or so later, I happened to flip on MSNBC to hear a rant (and I mean that literally) about how Fox News was covering up the story. Two differnt people on MSNBC said that Fox had not even mentioned the News Of the World phone hacking story. Now I guess that I was one of the only people watching MSNBC at that point who had also watched Fox News that evening, so I am probably one of the very few who knew that what the MSNBC folks were reporting was just a lie. Nevertheless, it seems strange to me that MSNBC would allow such false reports to go out over the air.

Also last night, I happened upon what I think was the Ed Show on MSNBC with the Rev. Al Sharpton as guest host. It was an amazing performance. It made me miss Eliott Spitzer on CNN who I had previously thought was the worst host on a TV "News" show that I had ever seen.

1 comment:

jim said...

Ha ha. Yeah have to admit Rev. Al really sucks as a tv host. His voice almost broke my beer mug!