Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Want free cell phone service

Today, I heard a commercial on the radio telling me that if I receive food stamps or certain other forms of public assistance, I could qualify for a free cell phone with free service for 250 minutes per month. I investigated this on the internet, and I found that the ad was not a phony. Right now, folks who are on many different kinds of federal assistance can get free cell phones and free service. This all leads me to a simple quesiton: WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE DOING???

There is enormous pressure now in Washington to cut spending, and at the same time the federal government is now giving out free cell phone service. WHY???? When did it become appropriate for the federal government to fund the phone bill for citizens? This is ridiculous.

I am sure that there are people who could explain to all of us that the country will do better if everyone has a cell phone. So what! The country would probably do better if everyone had a new car, but we do not give them out. The crazies in Washington who decided to fund this cell phone service need to rethink it.

No comments: