Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Great Campaign Debate

I got to thinking today about the debate taking place between Obama and Romney through the campaigns. It seems worthwhile to me to recap that debate.

Romney: We need to repeal Obamacare. It is too expensive and it is preventing the creation of new jobs.

Obama: Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs.

Romney: We have to change the tax structure to make it more desireable to locate a business in the USA. That will lead to more jobs being created in the USA.

Obama: We have to raise taxes on those who are successful even though I said in the past that raising taxes would prevent job creation. It is "fair". And, lets not forget that Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs.

Romney: President Obama has no plan to get the economy moving again. I do. You can read my 57 point plan on my website.

Obama: I am in favor of growth. Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs.

Romney: We need to open up federal land to drilling so that we can have more American energy. This will drive great economic growth in America.

Obama: Not only did Bain Capital invest in companies that outsourced jobs, but Romney is listed as the CEO on a few documents from years after he left Bain to run the Salt Lake City Olympic games.

Romney: We need to get control of spending on entitlements. If we do nothing now, we will go bankrupt in just a few more years.

Obama: Have you heard? Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs.

Romney: In January, America is presently scheduled for a massive cut in defense spending which president Obama's Secretary of Defense says would be a disaster for our security. We need to change that so that spending cuts in defense are made rationally and we are not left with an inadequate defense.

Obama: I am not saying anything regarding cuts in defense, but hey, Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs. Romney's being listed as CEO on some documents after he left Bain may have violated some SEC rules.

Romney: We need to improve education by focusing on what is good for the children, not the teachers. The children are the ones who need our help.

Obama: I support whatever the teachers' unions want. And, once again, Bain Capital invested in companies that outsourced jobs.

Romney: Obama is lying. Bain did not invest in companies that outsourced jobs while I was in charge. I was listed as a control person on some documents because I still owned a big chunk of the company, but I had no part in the management of Bain. I was busy at the Olympics.

Obama: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........Bain invested in companies that outsourced jobs. Oh yeah, and Romney is rich. And his wife likes to ride horses. And people who were successful in business had nothing to do with that success; it was someone else who made it happen. Yeah, that's the ticket.


Honestly, I do not know how much more of this debate I can take.

No comments: