Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fauxbama - 2

After posting Fauxbama this morning, I received an email from a reader which I think is worth sharing.  Here it is:


It’s funny that before reading your blog I was thinking this morning that  of all of Obama’s negatives his gross intellectual dishonesty is right up there in terms of what really bothers me..
 
I do think that one must distinguish between promises not kept,  often at least arguably due to changed circumstances,  honest naivete, (I would probably put Guantanamo in that category),   an uncooperative Congress,  etc.  and outright lies.

In the latter camp I would put things like “if you like your health care plan you can keep it”.  No you can’t.  Or,  “if you make under 250K,  I won’t raise your income taxes by one penny”.  He would and he did and he knew it when he kept promising to the contrary  (and I’m not counting the FICA holiday expiration).   It is such claims,  which are blatantly and knowingly  false  WHEN MADE,   which in my view distinguishes him from most of his predecessors in a very negative way.

 

No comments: