Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

This Just In

Moments ago, I received a call from a man who identified himself as a paid solicitor for the Environmental Defense Fund.  He said he wanted to thank me for all my past support (which was surprising since I have never contributed to that group.)  Then he went on to tell me how important my contribution would be in combating climate change.  He asked me if I could contribute $100.  This was the seventh call in two weeks from the Environmental Defense Fund, so I decided to try something new.  I told the guy that it was my understanding that the world atmospheric temperatures had remained steady for the last 18 years.  I then told him that if someone from EDF could explain to me why that fact did not disprove the entire basis for global warming theory, I would gladly contribute to EDF.  His response was priceless:  he said that since I seemed not to want to give $100, would it be possible for me to give $50.




 

No comments: