Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Foolish Move

I have to confess that I made a mistake.  I just watched the video put out by O'Rourke to announce his candidacy.  It was strange.  Usually, a candidate gives what he or she thinks is a compelling reason for running.  I kept waiting to hear why Beto decided to run.  I wasn't looking for platitudes, but rather an actual reason.  Let me give you an example.  In 2015 when President Trump announced his candidacy, he made clear that he was running to try to stop illegal immigration and crime (like drugs) coming over the southern border.  Many people liked this and many hated it.  The point, however, is that Trump gave this and a few other reasons for his candidacy.  Beto's approach was more like "I'm destined to do this."  It wasn't even up to the standard of Hillary Clinton's "It's my turn; I'm a woman."

Why do so many of the Democrats think that they can win the presidency without giving any reason why people should vote for them?

No comments: