Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

I can hardly wait

The media is reporting that president Obama is going to speak this afternoon about the downgrade of US debt by S&P. He also plans to discuss Afghanistan. Oooooo, I can hardly wait to hear this. Let's predict what Obama will say:

1) "This was all the fault of George Bush. Pay no attention to that extra four trillion dollars in debt that the government racked up while I have been president. They are not the trillions you are looking for." So much for Jedi mind tricks; it won't work.

2) "The downgrade is the direct result of the terrorist tactics used by the Tea Party and the Republicans. I was strongly in favor of a larger deal that cut more from the deficit." Of course, Obama will not mention his initial position that Congress should grant both spending increases and a debt ceiling. Obama will also ignore that but for the Tea Party the debt would be rising even faster.

3) "I, the great communicator, will be giving a speech about the ratings downgrade soon. That will resolve any problems that have occured. After all, I am the greatest reader of teleprompters ever."

4) "I am going on another vacation. It has been too long since I was able to play golf."


No comments: