Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Looks Like I am not the Only One

Last night I reported that Rick Santorum won the GOP debate. I knew as I wrote that post that much of the media establishment would try to ignore Santorum since they view the race as bipolar with only Romney and Gingrich mattering. This morning, however, I saw the ultimate confirmation that I was correct. When I opened my computer, there was the blaring headline from the AP which read, "Tired and Broke, Santorum Heads Home to do Taxes". That's right, the AP is now out trying to undermine any positive results that Santorum achieved last night. Indeed, if you read the article, you find that Santorum is going to Pennsylvania and Virginia and taking one day off from Florida campaigning. Santorum is also going to do fund raising at home. Santorum also makes clear that he is continuing in the race without question. Of course, Santorum is only quoted once you get to the second half of the article. Clearly, the AP wants Florida voters to think that choosing Santorum on election day would be a meaningless act.

If the AP feels compelled to write an article like this, it means that Santorum truly scored last night.

No comments: