Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ridiculous even for the Associated Press

The current trend of so-called fact checking articles is a good way for the media to push liberal opinion while masquerading as fact research. Things have now reached the point of being ridiculous, however. Here is a good example. The AP released a "fact check" with regard to what was said at last nights GOP debate. One of the facts that got checked had to do with Mitt Romney making his own way in the world. AP wrote this:

"I went off on my own. I didn't inherit money from my parents. What I have, I earned. I worked hard, the American way."


According the AP, this is not true. Why? First Mitt Romney got his education at his parents' expense. Second, when Romney and his wife bought their first house, Mitt's parents gave the couple a portion of the down-payment. That's it, nothing more. And for this, Romney gets called a liar.

Mitt Romney is worth something like 250 million dollars. Does the AP think that he made that money by selling that first house he bought? That is just ridiculous. And can the AP really argue that someone whose parents paid for his education can no longer be called self-made? Should parents refuse to provide an education for their children? Can only the governement do that? Simply put, the AP is nuts.

No comments: