Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SOTU -- Buffett's Secretary will be there

I am still deciding if I have it in me to watch Obama deliver another State of the Union address tonight. During the last three years, I have watched speech after speech by Obama. At first, I listened to every word hoping to follow the president's reasoning and to understand the proposals he put forth. After a while, I came to realize that Obama rarely put forward proposals; at best he made suggestions and left the heavy lifting on draftin proposals to others. Then I watched as his speeches moved more and more towards a 1984 type of oration. In speech one, he would call for something like more spending for economic stimulation. Then in speech two a few months later, Obama would call for spending control in order to cut the budget. Then in speech three a few more months later, Obama would tell us all how he has been fighting higher spending the entire time he has been in Washington. Anyone who had listened to the first two speeches would know that Obama was not telling the truth, but it never stopped Obama from making these false statements anyway. Just think of how many time Obama has told us that he is focused like a laser on job creation. Then try to think of what the president's current plan for job creation is. There is no such plan. Maybe he will put one forward tonight. My guess, however, is that he will instead tell us how focused he is on creating jobs but have no plan.

Oh gosh, the more I think about what is coming in tonight's speech, the less I want to watch it. Maybe there will be a rerun of Jersey Shore on at the same time. I think there is more reality in that show than in the typical Obama speech.

1 comment:

jim said...

I hope you showed some class and watched. Hell, I even watch the Republican debates. I do keep an air sickness bag nearby since it is like watching a Stooges movie.