Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More on the State of the Union

I just reread the State of the Union address in order to make sure that my distaste for Obama did not lead me to unjust criticism of his proposals. Sadly, on reflection, I conclude that the speech was actually worse than I first thought. I tried to focus on any realistic new proposals that would form the basis for a second term for Obama. There really weren't any. We all know that raising taxes will not help the economy. And raising those taxes, of course, is nothing new. Obama did not do it when he had total control in both housed of Congress, so I have to conclude that he really just talks about it rather than meaning it. How about all the palaver about education. So what was new there? Really, what was new there? The energy discussion was a joke which allowed Obama to say something completely opposite to what he had done as president. Another great line and great lie for Obama was his claim to have cut regulation while in office. At least he did not claim to have stopped the rise of the seas. I guess that comes next week.

No comments: