Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lighting Science -- an Update

On April 26th, I wrote about the new street light product from Lighting Science (LSCG) that I thought would be a major positive driver for the company. In just under three weeks, the stock of Lighting Science has risen about 65% from $1.05 to the current $1.73. While I believe that Lighting Science has a bright future in the long term, I have to tell anyone who may have bought the stock on my recommendation, that it makes sense to take your profits now. A sixty-five percent profit in under three weeks is not something that comes along too often. I would take the money now. If you want to stay in for the longer term, then I would take some of the profit now to reduce the risk of the position.

DISCLOSURE: I remain long Lighting Science.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff,

I had entered in to this @ 1.15 after reading your this posting and saw it rising to 1.75. Still holding it but it rose again today 24% and plan to book some profit in coming days. But will keep some for long term.

I had made some money also on your research on GasFrac and now I have completely sold off GSFVF after booking profit @12.

I am your regular blog reader. Please keep up research on stocks.

Thanks,

Vajju