Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Fight Against Obama

The delicious irony of this moment should not be missed.  This afternoon, the Democrats in the senate voted 45 to 1 against president Obama.  The bill in question was to grant Obama fast track authority to negotiate the Pacific trade deal.  Even though the bill got a majority of votes (52 to 45), it failed since it needed 60 votes to pass.  Obama has been lobbying for the last week to get the Democrat senators to vote in favor of the bill.  All but one of these Democrats basically told Obama to go to hell.

If that is not enough, we also have the spectacle of Democrat Sherrod Brown of Ohio accusing the president of sexism in the way he treated Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren.  For the last six years, every time anyone opposed anything that Obama did, the Democrats told us that it was just racism at work.  Now they are using the same tactic against Obama.

I have to say that I love watching this.  I know that I shouldn't, but I do, I really do.




 

No comments: