Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving –2

Well another Thanksgiving has come and gone with many of the usual events. The sink in the kitchen clogged up at 9:30 the night before Thanksgiving with many hours of cooking still to come. That was one quick trip to buy liquid plumber. Right after the meal, the dishwasher stopped working and I learned how to take it apart and put it back together according to instructions that must have originally been written in another language. Despite that, I got it fixed. I ate too much. I drank too much. I ended up exhausted. Still, it was truly a great day. I got to see family members and friends who we just do not see as often as I would like. I got my whole immediate family together working as a unit to get the dinner and all the accoutrements ready. Ultimately, I think that the reason that Thanksgiving is so popular is just that: it is about family and friends. There is nothing political about giving thanks for what we have. In every ideology gratitude for what one has is appropriate. It was a great way to spend my birthday!

No comments: