Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Obama's Response to Brussels -- The Reality

This morning, just after news of the terrorist attacks in Brussels was broadcast, I wrote a post predicting the response by president Obama and his people to those attacks.  Sadly, I got my predictions entirely correct.

First, I predicted that Obama and his people would be upset that the terror attacks would step on the coverage of Obama's visit to Cuba.  Now Obama did not admit this, but made it clear nevertheless.  When the terror attacks happened, Obama had nothing to say, but his spokesman said that the president would address the subject in his speech to the Cuban people.  That was an effort to refocus attention on the Cuba trip.  More important, in Obama's speech today, he spent less than one minute discussing the Brussels attacks.  The heart of the European Union and NATO got hit with multiple, massive terror attacks and Obama spent 52 seconds discussing it.  Then he moved on to inanities with regard to Cuba.  Obama did all he could to prevent the attacks from stepping on coverage of his Cuba trip.  (So I'm one for one.)

Second, I predicted that Obama would tell us that Islam is not to blame for the attacks and warn against Islamophobia.  Just that sort of warning came from the White House earlier today.  (So I'm two for two.)

Third, I predicted that we would be told by the White House that America's strategy for dealing with ISIS is working.  I just heard a Pentagon spokesman make that statement.  (That means I hit the trifecta; I'm three for three.)


It's disgusting that we have such a nonsensical and political response to these disgusting terror attacks.  If ISIS were ever to capture Obama, I'm sure his last words before they executed him would be "But our strategy is working....."

No comments: