Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Clinton swimming in the Ses-pool

As more and more has been said about the job offer made to Congressman Joe Sestak to leave the Pennsylvania primary for the Senate seat, I have begun to believe it less and less. Did the White House really use Bill Clinton to deliver this message? Remember, Clinton was called a racist by the Obamacrats about a year before this job offer was supposedly made. Obama had displaced Hillary and the Clinton apparatus from control of the Democrats. Even with Hilary as Secretary of State, there could not have been any love lost between Bill and Obama. By the time the offer was supposedly made, it was already clear that although Hillary was Secretary of State, all of the important diplomatic work would be done by special envoys directly from the President. Hillary had given up her senate seat for a second rate and demeaning experience at Foggy Bottom. I find it unbelievable that the White House would use Bill Clinton for sensitive political dealings.

So how did Bill get into the mix? I bet he offered his services. After all, if this is not a true story, Bill now has it in his power to bring down the administration. Indeed, I have been looking in vain for a story in which clinton is interviewed about his involvement and have not found it. After the Clinton story is cemented into the record, will we start to see leaks about how Clinton was actually not involved. Will this be the slow drip, drip, drip of damaging news that could undermine whatever is left of the administration's credibility?

I have to say that I am surprised that Obama would allow the fate of his administration to rest on the shoulders of Bill Clinton. After all, Clinton has no trouble shading the truth (or for that matter blotting it out altogether.) Will he be a loyal soldier for Obama? Or will he use this opportunity to make Obama a one term president so as to give Hillary another shot.

I realize that this may all be just another crazy theory, and I have to say that I have no proof that anything like this is happening. But I have to add this: it sure sounds right to me.

No comments: