Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I've certainly noticed the changes

In his weekly radio address, President Obama announced that the new Health Care law is already working and providing benefits for millions of Americans. Quite a claim, don't you think? Let's see the first benefit. I guess that went to those who have their pensions invested in the stock of the large corporations that suffered 14 billion dollars of losses as soon as the law was passed. Those losses hurt the value of those pensions. The law also led many of those same companies to consider dropping healthcare coverage for their employees since premiums will certainly be rising as a result of the new law. So millions of Americans will lose their healthcare coverage. That does not sound like much of a benefit to me, but then again, I am not President Obama and I like to tell the truth. There are a number of Medicare beneficiaries who will get $250 this year to help close the donut hole in prescription drug coverage. This is truly a benefit until one realizes that the healthcare law is being paid for by cutting half a trillion dollars out of the medicare budget. So all Medicare beneficiaries get cut by half a trillion dollars, but some get an extra $250 for prescriptions. Again, this does not sound like much of a benefit to me, but I like to tell the truth.

In short, Obama has a problem with the truth. Look at our greatest presidents: Honest Abe and George (I cannot tell a lie) Washington. Will Obama be known in history as the Preeminent Prevaricator? The Hawaiian Hornswaggler? The Chicago Chicanery? Or just the Big Liar?

I am annoyed that Obama cannot be straight with the American people. I am, however, outraged that Obama thinks that the American people are so stupid that we will buy his BS. He has to go!

No comments: