Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The mystery of blog ads

Each time I look at this blog, there are different ads running alongside the entries. This morning there was an ad from a group called Firespecter.com, a group devoted to ousting Arlen Specter from the senate and replacing him with Republican Pat Toomey. I had never heard of them before the ad appeared. What is amazing to me is that the ads seem to follow the substance of the entries. when I wrote about the stock of the month, there were stock market ads. When I write about the pennsylvania primary, up pops fire Specter. I bet if I wrote about Tibet, we would get ads for Chinese restaurants. The sophistication of the programs that assign ads to various blogs is truly amazing.

When I first posted this entry, up popped an ad for Viking River Cruises of Russia, the subject of my previous post. (Russia not river cruises)

No comments: