Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

A Test To Try At Home

Here's a test you can try as you sit at home.  Call a friend who is anti-Trump and tell that person that this morning the President said that as far as the crisis from the corona virus, "the worst is over."  See what sort of response you get.  Most likely, it will be an angry blast at Trump.  Then say that you misspoke and that the one who said that the worst is over is actually NY governor Cuomo (which is, in fact, true.)  See if your friend changes his or her response or if the friend just gives you another blast at Trump.

I tried it.  I got the first blast when I mentioned what Trump had supposedly said.  The response was literally "Trump is too stupid to possibly know that."  When I switched to Cuomo, the response I got again was literally "Thank God."

I didn't say anything further about it.  I figured that this friend was beyond reason, so there was no point in trying.

No comments: