Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Cruel And Unusual Punishment

This morning, I had to take my car in for service.  I waited at the dealer during the process and sat in their customer waiting room.  The room had a big screen TV which was playing CNN.  There was no control the change the station, so I had to sit there with CNN playing.  I watched the network for at least 45 minutes, something I haven't done in decades.  (Normally, I can't take more than five minutes of CNN without switching.)  It was cruel and unusual punishment.

It amazed me to see just how biased the CNN "news" team was against President Elect Trump.  I guess the worst moment came when one of those CNN panel discussions started talking about Dr. Tom Price and what they called his "insider trading".  Actual insider trading is a crime, something that the CNN folks know well.  The panel, however, admitted that nothing Price did was illegal, but they still called it insider trading.  Their take on it was that it may not be illegal, but it was unethical.  When one of the panelists said that the stock investment had been made by Price's broker without consulting Price, the others said that Price should have prevented it and his failure to do so was unethical.  That's pure idiocy.  They give Price the obligation to stop things of which he is unaware.  Even for CNN, that's moronic.

Next time I take the car in for service, I am going to insist that they change the station.

1 comment:

fastcarken said...

Change the station to SYFY. It is the saame as CNN- Clearly NO NEWS