Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Oscar Nominations

The nominations for Oscars are out.  To me, the most interesting part of these nominations is that for the first time in as long as I can remember, I have not seen any of the films which got any sort of nomination.  Even more interesting to me is that after looking at the list of nominees, I still have no desire to see any of them.

What does that mean?  Maybe it's proof that Hollywood doesn't make films for any demographic other than millennials and teens.  Maybe it's proof that while the studios do not limit themselves to only that demographic, the people who make Oscar nominations do impose that limit.  Maybe it's just proof that I don't really like movies (which is not true.)

No matter which, if any, of these possibilities are correct, it still amazes me that there's not even one film with nomination that looks even slightly appealing.   

No comments: