Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Today's Extreme Intelligence

I just got a phone call from a college student who was calling on behalf of a progressive political organization that wants to "remake" the Democrat party.  That's her word, not mine.  She told me that the Democrats were too wedded to old capitalist ideas and that her organization had been successful in supporting candidates last November and would do so again in 2020 to defeat President Trump.  She then listed Elizabeth Warren and Steve Pollack as two of her group's big successes last November.  I told her that I knew of Elizabeth Warren but I couldn't place Steve Pollack.  I asked who Pollack is.  She told me he was a senator but she could remember the state off hand.  I responded, "no problem, I'm sitting at my computer and will Google his name."

I asked her for the spelling of Steve Pollack and she told me.  I did the computer search and was told that Pollack was an entertainer.  When I reported those results, I told her that she must have the wrong name.  She seemed baffled by this.  Then she just hung up.

It's not hard to imagine that I am getting calls from people who are raising money for a group and don't even have the facts about what the group is doing.  

By the way, does anyone have a clue who has a named like Steve Pollack who might be the politician in question?

No comments: