Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2019

The Super Bowl

Yesterday, my wife and I followed our usual Super Bowl tradition of using the game day to go to a restaurant that is usually very crowded.  Over the years, we have tried quite a number of places, and yesterday, as in the past, the restaurant was nearly empty.  Everyone was at some Super Bowl party or home watching the game.  It was very nice to just walk in and get a table.  In fact, I called to make reservations and the host said that there would be no need for them.

Don't get me wrong.  I like football.  I just don't like endless hype.  Last year, there was endless discussion about whether or not the USA should mount a parade in DC to honor our military and their defense of this country.  It was condemned as too much and too expensive.  I doubt, though, if that parade involved even 10% of the hoopla and cost that went into this year's Super Bowl extravaganza.  I think that honoring our citizens who defend this country is much more important than worrying about which team wins the Super Bowl.  But hey, that's just me.

No comments: