Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Guess What Happens in Caracas Does Not Stay in Caracas

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is in hot water back in Iran for some rather blatant misconduct while he was in Caracas Venezuela for the funeral of Hugo Chavez.  I hope you are sitting down so that I can relate what he did.  Here we go:

While at the funeral, Ahmadinejad consoled the mother of Chavez by holding her hand and letting her, in essence, cry on his shoulder.  That's it, nothing more.  The result, however, has been a firestorm of anger back in Teheran.  Yahoo ran a quote which explains the transgression this way:

“No unrelated women can be touched unless she is drowning at sea or needs medical treatment," Hojat al-Islam Hossein Ibrahimi, a cleric at the Society of Militant Clergy, said, according to Iran's Al-Monitor.

It makes me wonder what that cleric would do if he saw a woman standing in the path of an oncoming car.  Could he pull her to safety?  It sounds like the answer to that question is NO.

I particularly like the name of the group of the spokesman:  the Society of Militant Clergy.  I guess it is no different in concept than singing "Onward Christian Soldiers", but clearly, the result is not the same. 

I hope that when Ahmadinejad gets back to Iran, he is appropriately punished for his sins.



 

 

No comments: