Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

More Truth, More Lies

The other day, I was speaking to a friend and he mentioned the uncle of president Obama.  Onyango Obama has been fighting deportation from the USA for years and after a recent court appearance mentioned that maybe he should call the White House.  The president's uncle then said that his nephew had lived with him for a short time in Massachusetts when he first came to the area to attend law school.  This was directly contradictory to the White House statement which announced that president Obama had never met his uncle.

So which one was correct:  the White House or Onyango Obama?  My friend and I discussed it and concluded that given the White House track record for dishonesty, we would bet on the uncle.  Now news comes that, indeed, the uncle was right.  President Obama did live with his uncle for a few weeks and spoke to him periodically after that.  Strangely, however, Obama has not spoken to his uncle for twenty years.

I don't know which is more weird, that the White House would not tell us the truth about the president's relationship with his uncle or that Obama would have nothing to do with his uncle for 20 years.  I mean, I don't know about you, but if I were elected president of the United States, I would at least invite my father's brother to the inauguration.




 

No comments: