Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Don't Waste Your Time

I'm having dinner with friends tonight.  President Obama is going to deliver the State of the Union Address at 9:00 this evening, and I am going gladly to miss it.  I just don't have it in me to sit through another of this staged spectacles in which the president makes pronouncements about things that we all know will never happen.  It is theater of the absurd.

For the last few years, I have watched parts of the speech.  I would tune in and stay until nausea overcame me.  I guess that the last moment that I gave up on the speech came when Obama rudely criticized the Supreme Court for making a decision, and the cameras did a close up on Justice Alite who mouthed "that's not true."  After the speech, the mainstream media went wild because Justice Alito had the nerve to say such a thing to himself.  I realized then that there were just no redeeming features to the State of the Union speech.  We were all supposed to watch the fantasy statements made by the king of the lies and ignore the reality that Obama simply cannot keep to the truth.

I suggest that you do yourself a favor tonight and ignore the State of the Union.  The American Heroes Channel is having yet another rerun of the history of World War II; you can watch that.  Somehow it is more suspenseful to ponder whether or not the Allies or the Nazis win the war than to think about the garbage that Obama is putting out there tonight.  Another alternative is to just sit and stare at the wall.  It is a total snoozefest, but at least you won't be interrupted by applause.  You can do the commentary yourself after watching the wall.  It will be about a insightful as the stuff you will see tonight on CNN or MSNBC.





No comments: