Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Stock of the month update -- Brandywine Realty (BDN)

In the two weeks since I recommended Brandywine Realty Trust (symbol BDN) as the stock of the month for September, it has gone up just under 10% from 10.93 to 11.99. The stock has also broken through the 50 and 200 day moving averages. I was asked this morning if I thought it was time to take profits on this stock. My answer is less than emphatic. First of all, I could not fault anyone for selling and taking a quick profit. My own view, however, is that Brandywine is a long term play. The company has projects in the pipeline that should be golden, and it has recently made some aquisitions that should also be accretive to earnings over the next few quarters. I would not be surprised to see the stock hit 13.50 by the end of the year (assuming we do not have terrible market conditons), and I expect it to hit $15.00 at some point over the next two years. In the interim, the stock is still paying a dividend which is greater than 5% and it has options which offer additional return. I will not be selling my own shares at this time.

No comments: