Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Is it Burger King or the White House? - 2

Yesterday, I wrote about the whoppers that president Obama has been telling and focused in the first post of this name on his denial that his administration had leaked highly classified material for Obama's own political gain. Since then, I got an e-mail from a friend who pointed out something truly significant which I think needs to be shared. Here is the e-mail:

I agree [with this]. "The notion that my White House would purposefully release classified information is offensive," President Obama said.

This is hardly a denial, though portrayed as such.


My friend is correct. Obama did not deny ordering the purposeful release he just said that would be offensive. I forgot all that training Obama has to be a lawyer. I forgot that he also has years as a politician. I listened to what he said the way any normal person would, and that is something that you just cannot do. We all remember Bill Clinton telling us that whether or not he lied when he said he was not having an affair with Monica depended on the meaning of the word "is". Obama may well be doing the same kind of thing. It certainly would not surprise me.

h/t to Mr. Brill.

No comments: