Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Walker Wins and Media Melts Down

So all the networks have now called the recall election in Wisconsin for Scott Walker. The GOP Lieutenant Governor has also won. We are still awaiting results on the four state senate seats, but given Walker's margin, my guess is that the GOP held onto all four. In other words, today was a crushing defeat for the public employee unions and the Democrats. I am sure that others will analyze the results and I leave it to them. I just have to mention that when the race was called, I flipped to MSNBC to see how they were taking the news. When I got to the station, the first thing I heard was the host state that the big winner tonight was president Obama. He was serious. In the exit polls, Wisconsin voters said that as of now, they favor Obama over Romney. That was the reason for Obama being the big winner. Sure, Scott Walker won a smashing victory over a vicious recall effort, but he was not the big winner. After all, Walker won a real victory, but Obama won an exit poll. It made me laugh.

No comments: