Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Good News

I am so consistently negative in my view of president Obama that I decided that today I would write something positive about him and his accomplishments in office.  Okay, don't laugh.  I am not going to go with the easy one:  he only has three years and three months left in office.  I am serious.  I want to write something positive.

My first thought was to start with the economy.  That was a difficult one, and I gave up.  After all, I can't write about controlling the federal budget since Obama has had to be forced into putting any controls whatsoever on spending, and he still is fighting for more as we speak.

I then tried to go with foreign policy, but there too, there is just nothing good to mention.  Obama has managed to throw away most of the advantages that America had achieved in the past, and he has reduced American influence around the world.

I finally settled on energy as the area to stress, so here goes.  After five years in office, Obama has managed to avoid crushing the natural gas boom across America.  It is true that Obama has cut the level of oil and gas production on federal land at a time when production everywhere else in the USA is soaring due to new technology.  There have been a number of attempts by misguided environmentalists, however, to stop that new technology everywhere.  Just look at what has happened in New York where governor Cuomo has managed to prevent the use of fracking for three years just by refusing to make a decision.  Obama, however, has managed not to take action that would have stopped the production of energy from new sources.  Of course, Obama could still take action against fracking, but given that even the EPA has ruled that there is no environmental problem with the process, I doubt that we will see such a ruling.

So, you see, I found something positive to say.  Now I am going to get a drink.  I need it.




 

No comments: