Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Connecticut Primary

Tuesday is election day in Connecticut, and the action around here is much greater than usual. There are primaries in both parties and the candidates are quite active. Usually, not much happens here since the results are usually quite predictable. This year, however, there could be upsets.

Just in the last hour, we received calls from three different campaigns. The best one came from the Ned Lamont GOTV effort. I answered and they asked me if I was going to vote for Lamont. I told them that I had not decided who I was voting for and asked what was Lamont's plan to help reduce unemployment. That should not be a tough question, but it turned out to be a show stopper. All I got was incoherent babbling in response. Finally, I asked the woman how she could be a volunteer for Lamont when she did not know what he planned to do on the most important issue. Her response was priceless: she told me that she does not like Joe Lieberman. When I told her that Lieberman was not running in this election, she said she knew that but still did not like him. At that point I gave up.

Hopefully on Tuesday Dan Malloy will beat Lamont, although the polls indicate to the contrary. Either way, hopefully November will see a victory by Tom Foley.

No comments: