Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hard to Believe

For weeks and months I have been hearing about how Democrats are going to run against George W. Bush in 2010. It is a losing strategy and I thought it was just a feint so that the Democrats would not disclose their true plan. Well now I know better. Five minutes ago, I got a robocall from Chris Van Hollen, the head of the Democrats election campaign in the House. I usually cut off those calls but when I heard it begin with a slap at Bush, I listened until the end. the basic point of the call (other than asking for money) was to tell us that the choice was only between the Democrats or George Bush. It was comical in its stupidity. Few people out there in America think that Bush has any connection with congressional Republicans. Why run against him? I guess if you have no accomplishments or even workable plans for the future, you get reduced to running on fear. Fear Bush! That will be the new battlecry for the Obamacrats. Maybe they can also chant it while they are cleaning out their offices at the Capitol after the election.

No comments: