Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Maybe It Really Is Making A Difference

In USA Today, there's an op-ed about Republicans and what is described as their phony charges of anti-Semitism leveled at progressive leaders.  It's not a particularly interesting piece for what it says.  Nor is it particularly honest.  Basically, it tries to convince the reader that neither congressmen Rashida Tlaib or Ilhan Omar are actually anti-Semitic despite what they say.  No, the real villains are Republicans who use what Tlaib and Omar say to make false charges of anti-Semitism against these two women.  It's part of the normal slant of the mainstream media.  If a Republican says something objectionable, the story is about what he or she said.  If a Democrat says something objectionable, the story is about the Republican overreaction to what was said.

What is actually interesting about today's USA Today column is just what its very existence indicates.  This is an attempt at damage control by those on the left after constant anti-Semitic attacks by people like Tlaib, Omar and others on the left.  Maybe, for once, American Jews are realizing that the main source of anti-Semitism in America today comes from the left rather than the crazies on the far right.

If the average American starts recognizing the hatred being spewed by the left, it will be the beginning of the end for them.  And there's a great deal of hatred coming from the left.

Here's an example:  yesterday, I commented on Twitter on a particularly angry message posted by someone who attacked Attorney General Barr and President Trump for launching a coverup by declassifying the documents related to the beginnings of the Russia collusion investigation.  Basically, I said that it's hard to cover something up by taking steps to allow the public to see it.  It's the opposite of a cover up.  I got an immediate reply that didn't consider what I had said but instead denounced me as an "angry old white guy."   I replied to the woman posting that it was sad that she used racist and sexist positions to put me down rather than to consider what I had said.  I added that truth remains true no matter the race or gender of the person speaking.  That brought a torrent of abuse.  The point about how opening up something to the public cannot be a cover up was never mentioned by those who responded.  Instead, I was just attacked for my race or gender or even because I have a picture of my dog on my tweets.  It was all hatred all the time.  Now, I don't care what people say about me on Twitter; it's just the rantings of those who are basically just wasting time.  The point, though, is that the go to position from this "progressive" and her friends was to attack something they didn't like on racist and sexist ground.  The response to reason was rage and hatred.

The more this happens, the more average people will see the progressive left for who they truly are. 

No comments: