Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Completely Nutty News

The CNN promo ads for tomorrow's Republican presidential debate are truly beyond belief.  One came on the radio as I was driving home a moment ago.  I wasn't paying attention, but with the announcer's voice and the bells ringing, I thought that I was hearing an ad for a heavyweight fight.  When I started paying attention, I realized that this was CNN's idea of how to promote a debate about the future of our country.  Some true genius at CNN headquarters must have had an epiphany.  I can picture him or her jumping up and yelling "We'll pretend it's a prize fight!!!!"  Then the morons above him or her on the corporate ladder got excited with the idea.

It's sad to see this spin put on the debate ahead of time.  Here in Connecticut, we have seen in the last two races for the senate Linda McMahon as the Republican candidate.  McMahon is one of the principals of the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment).  In those two races, there was nothing like the WWE promos or actuality.  Now, with the presidency of the USA at stake, we have a moronic network trying to hype ratings by treating the debate more like a tag team match than a political event.

CNN should be ashamed.  Instead of the Clinton News Network, it ought to be known as Completely Nutty News.



No comments: