Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Rampant Racism Rises Really Rapidly

Here's the big headline on Yahoo News this morning:  Mike Huckabee tweeted a "highly racist" message last night during the Democrat debate.  Readers are warned that this tweet may be too strong for some readers.

Here's the tweet by Huckabee:  "I trust @BernieSanders with my tax dollars like I trust a North Korean chef with my labrador!"

Now don't all faint after reading that racist rant.  Imagine, Huckabee thinks that it is okay to make a negative comment about North Korea.  Why the North Koreans are our friends and allies.   Oh, wait.  North Korea is the sworn enemy of the USA.  Nevertheless, it is a terrible thing that Huckabee indicated that his dog would be unsafe in North Korea.  Oh, wait.  They eat dogs in North Korea.  But Huckabee mentioned a different culture and that must be racist, don't you think?  Well, maybe not.

Now let's change the tweet just a bit.  Suppose Huckabee had said, "I trust @BernieSanders with my tax dollars like I trust Hillary Clinton to tell the truth."  That would be terrible and sexist, right?  I mean Hillary says she identifies as a woman.  That tweet would be totally improper.

What if Huckabee had tweeted this:  "I trust @Bernie Sanders with my tax dollars like I trust Barack Obama to stop the Iranian nuclear program."  It's more racism, pure and simple.  Any time anyone says anything negative about president Obama, it's racist, right?  After seven years, all of America knows that.  Obama never does anything wrong; he's just the victim of racism.

But what if Huckabee had tweeted "I trust @Bernie Sanders with my tax dollars like I trust Chris Christie with a box of donuts."  That's hysterical and not improper in any way.  After all, Christie is a Republican.

And finally, suppose Huckabee had written "@Bernie Sanders is as emotional as Carly Fiorina.  Like Carly, he's just not up for the presidency; that's a man's job."  That would be partially inappropriate.  It is ageist to say something like that about Sanders.  As for Fiorina, it's fine.  Just ask Debbie Wasserman Schultz who can easily identify racism, sexism, ageism and the like so long as she knows the party identification of the speaker.




 

No comments: