Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

The Murphy Tweet of the Day

For some strange reason, I decided to follow senator Chris Murphy on Twitter.  Even though Murphy is from Connecticut, I really do not know all that much about him.  He was around for the election last in 2012, and then he faded back into obscurity.  I figured that reading his Twitter feed would at least let me get a better picture of my senator.

I am glad that I have been following Murphy.  Without reading his tweets, I would not know just how bad the man is as a choice for the senate.

Let me give you an example:  Today, senator Murphy tweeted about international family planning day.  (Don't feel bad if you did not know that there was such an event; apparently no one knew.)  In any event, Murphy wrote a piece supporting the cause which he touted in his tweet.  Do you know what reason Murphy gives to support international family planning?  Sorry, of course you don't unless you are one of the 31 people who read his tweets.  Murphy's reason is that childbirth is one of the largest causes of death for women in developing countries.  Really, deaths in child birth lead Murphy to promote the prevention of pregnancy.  He does not promote improvements in maternity care.  No, Murphy promotes the prevention of pregnancy.  That is roughly the equivalent to campaigning for starvation in order to stamp out food poisoning.




 

No comments: