Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snow, Snow, Snow

I'm sitting in Fairfield Country, Connecticut, not far from the shore of Long Island Sound.  There's about two to three inches of snow on the ground, and for the moment not much is happening.  Every forecast tells me that by tonight we should have between ten and twenty inches of snow with high winds creating blizzard conditions.  Even so, right now it really is beautiful.  That is, at least in my eyes it's beautiful.  I opened the door to let the dog out about ten minutes ago.  She's a big dog (about 80 pounds).  She looked at the snow, looked at me and then trotted off to another room.  From the look on her face, I knew that if she could speak she would say, "My momma didn't raise a fool!"  We'll have to try again later.

In the meantime, most of us have a day indoors at home.  It's not often when most of the people just stay home.  It's a good chance to put off again all those things that I have put off doing on other days because I've been too busy.  Today, I think I'll tell myself that I have a rare day with nothing to do, so I should enjoy it.

I hope you all enjoy the weather no matter where you are.




 

No comments: